Faith In Every Student "Since 1855"
In order to be an exemplary Catholic school, Saint Michael School will foster an environment where:
- students, teachers, staff, and school families work together toward the ultimate goal of human existence—knowing, loving, and serving God in this world, in order to live with Him forever in the next.
- school parents are active participants in the education of their children.
- Catholic school families provide a model of Christian living by praying and attending Mass together, and by participating in the sacramental life of the Church.
- students and families of all faith backgrounds are welcome to share the blessing of a Catholic school.
- teachers serve as witnesses of the Catholic faith by their words, deeds, prayer, and example to promote the ongoing formation and spiritual growth of their students.
- students model respect for all the cultural, political, and religious differences found in society.
- students discover and develop a positive sense of self-esteem through self-discovery of their gifts and personal talents.
- students experience a challenging curriculum and are given the tools necessary for academic success.
- students develop the power to think constructively, to solve problems, and to reason independently and ethically.
- students are exposed to the great works of sacred and secular art and music, so as to appreciate the role of beauty in faith and education.
- students receive instruction in music, art, technology, and physical education in order to provide a well-rounded educational experience.